Supporting Tomorrows Managers
This Supervising Others Training Course will help new and existing supervisors to become more efficient and proficient at delegating, managing time, setting goals and expectations, providing feedback, resolving conflict and administering discipline.
All too often, great team members are promoted to a supervisory role without consideration that supervising is a completely different skill set to that which made them stand out as part of the team. So, this training course was designed to enhance their existing skill set with the additional skills required to properly manage others in a professional manner.
The Supervising Others Training Course helps people in supervisory roles to improve their skills, confidence and management abilities. This training will benefit new supervisors and anyone who wants to improve their skills in supervising others ensuring the highest level of productivity and team cohesion.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Set clear expectations for team members
- Set S.M.A.R.T. goals for team members that motivate and inspire dedication
- Effectively assign work that has been set according to each employee and situation
- Master techniques to delegate effectively and confidently
- Develop approaches for conducting formal feedback sessions
- Provide informal, constructive feedback
- Develop priorities and time management strategies as a team leader
- Establish conflict resolution strategies
- Interact with new or existing teams
- Create a path for personal development
Designed for maximum Return on Investment
Week 1 – REACH Profile, Communication and Setting Expectations
This first week is all about YOU. We uncover your strengths and areas for growth. We discuss the results of your leadership profile and how to use this information in your workplace. We look at what to do if you’ve been promoted from within the
team, and how to adjust your style for a better approach.
We will examine how you and your team fit into the bigger picture of your organisation, and how to define requirements when setting expectations. You’ll also learn how to set expectations the SMART’ER way.
Week 2 -Delegation and Time Management
This week we take a look at the 10 rules for successful delegation, understand the different degrees of delegation and troubleshoot when it all goes wrong.
You’ll learn the 80/20 Rule when it comes to time management, how to prioritise with the Urgent-Important Matrix and to block out times around your energy cycle.
Week 3 – The Art of Feedback
This week is all about feedback. We will look at the different types of feedback, understand the 3 stages to giving feedback and examine delivery tools to give feedback. We will discuss difficult feedback, how to prepare yourself and seeking feedback.
Week 4 – Managing Conflict
Conflict is always in a workplace. This week we will look at:
- The Tuckman and Jensen Four Phase Model
- Team Development Stages
- Using a Conflict Resolution Process
- Alternate Techniques
- Maintaining Fairness
- Seeking Help from Within the Team
- Seeking Help from Outside the Team
Individual Coaching Sessions
- Prior to course commencement to discuss your REACH profile and expectations and goals for the course.
- Between weeks 2 & 3 to support learning and implementation
- Approx 1 week after finish to set action plan and support your implementation
Online Course Fee Structure
This course is a combination of group learning and invidividual coaching and as such is very different to other models currently in the marketplace.
The supervising others online course fee is $550 (inc GST).
You will receive:
- 4 x 1.5hr weekly webinars
- REACH Leadership profile tool (valued at $250)
- 4 x digital workbook
- 3 x individual coaching sessions (valued at $450)
- Unlimited email support